Job Title: Software Dev Engineer II
Duration: 6 months
Location: Seattle, WA - Remote -Virtual in the Seattle area
Overview: TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our Client is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators. It offers merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third party sellers.
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- C++ or C Sharp
- 2+ of industry experience
Services to be performed:
At current staffing, the CSIAM Identity team is not able to service all their weekly incoming tickets. On Calls are only able to work exclusively on Sev 2 tickets, leaving the Sev 3 customers with limited support. Contractors will be assigned to monitor the Sev 3 ticket queue and apply appropriate common responses and follow SOPs. Amazon employees will continue to be first responders to Sev 2 tickets, but contractors will be able to help with operational activities needed by Sev 2’s. Contractors will also take up onboarding tickets. Contractors will help us reach a 2 week SLA to close Sev 3 tickets, while freeing up Amazon employees to reduce the incoming tickets by working on root causes rather than spot fixes.
Contractors will verify test results and perform cut over activities for deprecation projects. These projects include NAWS migration and Gurupa deprecation. These deprecation are necessary to reduce the overall scope of supported platforms, and the operational work caused by these deprecation is temporary in nature.
**Legacy Platform Support:**
Contractors will repair general login issues in legacy platform based on SOPs. This will allow Amazon employees to solve the root cause and prevent future failures.
**New Platform Support:**
As the Caracara is a new platform, there are limitations, instabilities and bugs that are also causing an increase in operational burden on the CSIAM Identity team. Primary support of the new platform will be assigned to the Amazon employees such that permanent fixes can immediately be designed and implemented.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information related, or related discipline
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, database and web technologies.
- Understanding of Software Security Concepts such as Encryption, Signing, Authentication.
- Experience in building highly-available and scalable distributed services / distributed systems.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Security background preferred.
TekWissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.