Job Title: Software Dev Engineer II
Duration: 6 months
Location: Redmond, WA - Need to be onsite.
Overview: TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our Client is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators. It offers merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third party sellers.
- The Project Kuiper EE Test team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who will support development of automated test solutions. Your solutions will impact our customers directly!
- Primary responsibilities include writing python code for automated test rack equipment, test procedures and code to integrate with internal software tools and AWS.
- Programming in the Linux environment: Familiarity with Linux, such as installing kernel modules, communicating with devices using low-level APIs exposed by the kernel.
- Bring-up of automated test racks, participate in pull-requests reviews and documenting processes and results.
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- Python programming experience
- Linux Experience
- Experience with version control
- Python programming, Object oriented programming
- Familiarity with Linux, such as installing kernel modules, communicating with devices using low-level APIs exposed by the kernel
- Experience using AWS services
- Experience working with automated test systems
- Automating Test Equipment Experience (familiar with SCPI/VISA)
- Familiar with common lab equipment (dmm, oscilloscope, …)
- Experience with GIT version control
- Software development for automated test systems for testing hardware.
- Experience with Docker
Typical Day in the Role:
- Electrical sub system test team. Building automated test racks to test satellite hardware.
- In order to automate we require software engineers to do coding. This will be in Python. Internal tool spark will integrated with that tool that runs in Linux. Linux experience needed. Hardware work. Automating testing work. Lab environment. Will be writing scripts (coding).
- Great initiative to launch satellites into space for telecommunication purposes. Testing and validation for satellites is very crucial. This team makes sure those satellites work.
- Very integral role working with the engineers making sure everything works from the hardware and software perspectives.
- This project will impact millions of people.
Leadership principles: Invent and simplify because they will be creating systems from the ground up. Learn and be curious because there are a lot of tools being used.
Performance indicators: Testing that their work, works.
Red flag: If they don’t have experience with Linux, Command Line, and Python.
TekWissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.