Job Title: Software Dev Engineer II
Duration: 9 months
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Overview: TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our Client is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators. It offers merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third party sellers.
Services to be Performed: Working with a device distribution software team to enable new software features that enhance the overall security posture of the tool.
Typical day: 80% of time will be coding; 20% would be analysis and design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical field.
- 2 years of non-internship professional software development experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems and relational databases.
- Good understanding of design for scalability, performance.
- Knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented design and data structures.
- Programming experience with a modern language such as Java, Scala.
- Exposure to proper SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployment.
- Experience with Front end technologies (common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS and Node to React, Angular,Vue etc) is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience
- Java experience / cloud site experience in Java specifically
- Ability to work independently without much supervision
- If candidate does not have a Bachelor’s degree
- If candidate does not have a minimum of 2 yrs. experience
- If candidate is unable to work independently, with minimal supervision
Story Behind the Need – Business Group & Key Projects:
Purpose of this Team/Team Culture: Collaboration between the Prototype Security team and the Device Tracker team; Tracks and manages all of Amazon prototype devices that are to be launched in the future.
Reason/motivation for request: Increased workload as a result in need of an additional headcount to support the two stakeholders.
Interaction w/ Team: Low interaction with team members; looking for a candidate that is able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Deliver Results
TekWissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.