Job Title: Software Dev Engineer II
Duration: 7 months
Location: San Francisco, CA- Remote but will be going into the office once it opens, must be in San Francisco area.
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED:
- The Amazon Music Visual Experience team is responsible for the Music client application on Amazon Music's apps on iOS, Fire Tablet devices and on thousands of Android devices. Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more.
- Amazon Music is looking for a talented software developer to join us in revolutionizing the digital music customer experience, preferably focussing on iOS/Android platforms. Our team develops, owns and operates the music services supporting Prime Music and Amazon Music applications.
- - You will be responsible for building and maintaining the technology that offers digital music to millions of customers worldwide
- - You will be developing highly available and scalable services on top of Amazon's world-class service-oriented infrastructure.
- - You will collaborate with other talented software engineers at the Amazon Music, as well as other Amazon employees around the globe
- Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless Visual Music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians.
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience, must have done some sort of app work on Android or IOS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Swift, Java, Android/Kotlin codebase including object-oriented design.
What makes this role interesting:
- The work is related to building a new queue rated content for the user. How to use apps, building a highly optimized program for Amazon.
- The team is new and they will get to work on a number of new technology projects.
- 3-4 senior engineers on the team that will give this person a lot to learn.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Swift, Java, Android/Kotlin codebase including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 1+ year of programming experience with at least one modern language.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Passionate about working on software that has a high impact on the business and the customer experience.
- Adaptable and can quickly learn new concepts and technologies. You enjoy moving fast and delivering results quickly and continuously.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- You care about making product decisions based on data and experimentation. You have built or used A/B testing tools and run multiple A/B experiments.
- You have worked on products that have at least 1 million daily active users (social networks, content companies, mobile/social gaming companies), ideally in a Growth team.
- You are full-stack. You can go deep as well as broad on a wide range of technologies as needed, from mobile to web, from API design to scaling services and data analytics.
- You have deep knowledge in some of the following technologies, and a willingness to learn the rest: AWS, Node.js, iOS, Android.
- You thrive on brainstorming new business and engineering ideas. You are passionate about music and the music business.
Absolutely no experience would be a disqualifier.
Have on done back-end work, not any IOS or android work, must have done some sort of app work.
TekWissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.