Job Title: Software Dev Engineer II
Duration: 9 months
Location: Seattle, WA (Candidate needs to be in Seattle area)
Overview: TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our Client is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators. It offers merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third party sellers.
Job Description – We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to join our team who enjoys solving problems and have strong technical background in application development and software development.
As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will be expected to operate at all levels, diving deep into the details of enterprise-level applications, different systems needs while providing strategic inputs on overall architecture to design, implement, develop and promote internal business processes. The ideal candidate is responsive and wears multiple hats to work in fast paced environment which has an entrepreneurial feel of a "start-up". At the core of this role, person in this role is expected to Think Big and innovate through simple solutions to improve the business process and deliver great customer value.
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- Experience with Java, JSP, C/C++/C# and SOAP Web services,
- Experience with highly scalable web services,
- Abilty to excel and apply his development skills to build solutions to reduce the process defects.
Story Behind the Need:
Without this individual’s support, our backlog of development tasks will continue to grow, which will begin to impact customer’s ability to obtain critical workflow processes within the portal will not be completed. This would also remove manual process and support the automations, solutions for the team.
Typical Day in the Role:
Working very closely with technical program managers, projects are new enhancements supporting engineering teams. A lot of follow up to make sure new enhancements are working out as planned
Leadership Principles: Insist on higher standards, invent and simplify, ownership
What makes this role interesting:
Work life balance is very good, a lot of development opportunity, working directly with stakeholders, which causes visibility, all launching new projects into production. No maintenance work.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
• 4+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years of experience in tool development
• Experience with Java, JSP, C/C++/C# and SOAP Web services
• Strong CS fundamentals in algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Experience with APIs, Customization Methodologies (Services, JCA, Template Processors, Info*Engine), Class extensions
• Ability to excel and apply his development skills to build solutions to reduce the process defects.
• Experience with highly scalable web services
• Building tools that replace the manual process
• Proficiency working in Linux environment
• Experience with distributed enterprise systems
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
TekWissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.