TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our Client is an online travel company, enabling users to access a wide range of services. The Company offers airline ticket bookings, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages and various attractions and services via the world wide web and telephone travel agents. It owns and operates several international global online travel brands, primarily travel fare aggregator websites and travel metasearch engines.
Title: Software Dev Engineer II
Work Location: Seattle WA
- We are seeking engineers excited about building and scaling infrastructure to evolve our advertising platform.
- As an engineer with our advertising team, you will work with technologies to design, develop and maintain our advertising platform.
- The ideal candidate is an engineer with extensive knowledge of the software development process and an understanding of distributed systems.
- Develop clear, elegant, and maintainable code primarily using Java, Scala, and design scalable, fault tolerant software components for serving ads. Candidate should have structured approach to development (measuring, monitoring, and testing) and a deep understanding of object-oriented design. Solid grasp of algorithms and data structures Proficient with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Hands-on development mentality with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Strong object-oriented development skills.
- Hands-on development mentality with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Understanding of Linux system internals, administration, and scripting.
- Hands-on Experience build large scale web services in the cloud.
- Experience with distributed systems a plus.
- Experience in AWS is required.
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Experience with Relational and no-sql databases.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
Description of the required work, including:
Top desired 3 skill sets - Java, large scale web services, distributed systems (storm/flink/spark)
- Programs/Tools that will be used on the assignment (if any) – AWS tools
- Previous experience required/preferred – AWS, No SQL DB, SQL DB, Full stack development
- Examples of work you will like to see in addition to the resume - Open source tools
TekWissen® Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.